A house in a trailer park in Hialeah Gardens was destroyed by fire early on Saturday morning, displacing one guy who is thankful to be alive.
Saturday about 5:30 a.m., the event occurred along US-27 and 122nd Street in Hialeah Gardens.
A video shows raging flames engulfing the residence and spreading after a palm tree caught fire.
Rick Cabrera, who had lost his house, said, “This is so humiliating!”
Cabrera told NBC 6 that the fire began when he attempted to burn some shorts strings. As soon as he heard the alarm and saw the flames, he attempted to extinguish the blaze.
“I quickly reached for the comforter.” “Cabrera replied. “I attempted to put out the fire. I rushed to the restroom, retrieved the trash can, and attempted to fill it with water, but the water pressure here is minuscule.”
Fortunately, he and his dog, Tyra Banks, survived this catastrophic fire.
“Trailer houses often get completely burned really rapidly,” “Chief of the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Division Mark Chavers said. “They burn rather quickly, therefore flames tend to spread really rapidly.”
Monica Rivera, a neighbor, had the same worry.
“I’m pregnant and due the following week “Rivera remarked. “My anxiety was that our home would also catch fire, along with my children, everyone, and the automobiles.”
Cabrera told NBC 6 that he does not know what to do next, but he is grateful to his neighbors for calling the fire department and for their support as he figures out what to do.