According to a municipality, a school and a nursery have been evacuated due to a possible gas leak.
At Bedford Primary School and Cambridge Road Nursery in Bootle, “a whiff of gas” was observed, according to Sefton Council, and an evacuation had been carried out as “a precautionary measure.”
The administration also mentioned that parents were informed.
Residents in the neighborhood have been encouraged to stay away from the area until the problem is rectified and to keep their windows closed.
There have been “no reports of poor health” in relation to the event, a council official further stated.